The Cruising Association (CA) is delighted to be hosting the line-up of talks and, for the first time, sponsoring the ‘CA Stage’ at Scotland’s Boat Show, taking place this year from October 11-13.
Anyone attending this lively and interesting Boat Show at Kip Marina in Greenock, is sure to be enlightened and entertained by the broad range of speakers and topics that fills the schedule of talks, drawn up to include something to interest everyone who loves cruising, wherever your interests lie.
In addition to presentations on the CA Stage taking place from Friday 11th through Sunday 13th from the oldest sailmakers in the world, Jeckells and Primal Adventures on the adventures available on the west coast of Scotland, The Green Blue and RYA Scotland, and a chance to check out the latest nautical fashions, there are a number of talks being given by a variety of CA experts.
Cruising Association topics and speakers include:
• ‘A Baltic Rally (Return to Kuressaare)’ – Derek Lumb
• ‘Cruising the Biscay Coast of France’ – Judith Grimwade
• ‘Cruising the French Inland Waterways’ – Julian Dussek
• ‘An introduction to sailing in the Mediterranean’ – Keith Pettican
• ‘The Scillies and Southern Ireland’ – Ken Marsden
• ‘First Time to the Baltic from Scotland’ – Alan Kohler
• ‘The Cruising Association – past, present and future’ – Julian Dussek
• ‘Sailing around (most of) the UK’ – Ken Marsden
• ‘A modern odyssey, sailing from Turkey to Croatia, via the Corinth, taking in several World Heritage Sites’ – Keith Pettican
If you’re not already a CA member there is the opportunity to join up at the Show and you will immediately start reaping the benefits, becoming eligible to enter the CA’s Big Prize Draw for a Charter Holiday and also partake in other CA initiatives.
The Cruising Association is Britain’s leading organisation for cruising sailors with 6,300+ members around the world, providing events, specialist services, information, guidance, regulatory and technical advice to cruising sailors worldwide.